To request an appointment, reappointment or change of appointment for a pre-six lecturer, please fill out the appropriate lecturer appointment form here. (All forms are in Word document format). Each form indicates the documentation you will need. The form can replace or must accompany a request letter from the chair.
Related guidelines and forms:
- L&S lecturer forms
- Guidelines for converting course workload to appointment percentages
- Definitions of lecturer terms
- Lecturer title career progression
- Lecturer Lifecycle
- Lecturer Timeline
Please e-mail and submit completed forms along with the required documents to L&S Deans' Office at email@example.com.
The L&S Deans' Office will e-mail the appointment letter to the departmental academic personnel analyst with a copy to the CSS HR supervisor.
Additional resources for lecturer appointments
- Academic Personnel Office, UNIT 18 tools — Lecturer and Senior Lecturer
- UC Office of the President, Unit 18 MOU contract text
- Academic Personnel Office checksheets: For L&S pre-six appointments, please use L&S forms for initial appointment, reappointment or changes to existing appointments. Use the APO checksheet for excellence review [C-4] and merit increase for continuing lecturer [C-6].
- Instructional Workload: Berkeley Campus Workload Standards for Unit 18.