Welcome to the Arts and Humanities Diversity Director’s Office
While all of us on this campus continue to experience the stresses related to the pandemic and recent social upheavals, we have assembled a team of dedicated and talented staff to support your educational and campus-life success. All of us in the Arts & Humanities Dean’s Office are committed to providing you with the most accessible educational experience we can. The values of diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and justice inform our work as we pursue policies and outcomes that are anti-racist, non-abelist, and sensitive to LGBTIQ+ experiences and perspectives.
The Arts and Humanities Diversity Director’s Office is a one-stop shop that works with all members of the A & H Community in providing support to maximize access and inclusion. Among the services Dr. Ledesma and Dr. Faini offer are the following:
- Advice on dealing with writer’s block or research writing strategies.
- Connection to contextually appropriate resources such as the Tittle IX Office, Disabled Students Program, GenEq Center, and Undocumented Students Program. Help in identifying and connecting with faculty mentors.
- Information about upcoming fellowship opportunities.
- Support with time management techniques, invitational discourse strategies, and struggles against imposter syndrome and stereotyping.
- Confidential advising, counseling, and conflict resolution.
- Coaching for academic interviews and presentations.
- Anti-racist resources and discussion materials.
- Strategies for inclusive pedagogy.