Hiring: Social Media Specialists
The L&S Office of Undergraduate Advising is seeking two driven Social Media Specialists to engage and grow our online community. The Social Media Specialists support the marketing and promotion of L&S Office of Undergraduate Advising services, programs, and strategic communications. The Social Media Specialists play a critical role in increasing L&S OUA’s visibility and engagement with students on social media channels. As part of a small, creative team of students and staff, Social Media Specialists will collaborate with the L&S OUA Communications and Media team to strategically promote L&S OUA services, programs, and communicate deadlines and policy changes to the undergraduate student population. This position will spend 10-15 hours/week researching, creating, and measuring social media marketing campaigns.
Duties may include:
- Conceives and develops social media marketing campaigns to promote a portfolio of assigned L&S advising programs, services, and events.
- Researches and identifies strategies to grow followership and engagement on L&S OUA social media channels.
- Analyzes and summarizes data and trends from L&S OUA social media channels
- Monitors performance of posts and campaigns and track progress towards established goals.
- Researches, contacts, and interviews L&S students to showcase diverse L&S student perspectives and voice on social media.
- Attends L&S events, programs, and other advising access points to generate greater student awareness of L&S advising services.
- Captures and edits photos and video for use on social media.
- Curates and creates graphics for social media.
- Writes copy for social media posts.
- Researches and shares other relevant campus partner opportunities, events, and stories.
- Remains up to date on the latest features and trends on social media platforms and incorporates them into L&S social strategy.
- Promotes community engagement by increasing positive interactions with students online.
- Monitors brand reputation of L&S OUA on social media platforms.
- Escalates incidents and/or emerging crises to media team lead.
Qualifications: Excellent organizational skills, responsible, diligent, detail-oriented, self-motivated, independent, and a quick learner. Experience working in social media management, digital marketing, communications, journalism, or related role. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will also be flexible, able to work with minimal supervision, and have good interpersonal skills and good judgment.
Other desired skills and experiences: Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, writing social media copy, photography, videography on mobile device, and experience interviewing others.
Compensation: $22/hour, must have Work Study.
Start Date: Fall 2019, with potential to start in Summer 2019
Hours: 10-15 hours/week (August - May)
How to apply:
Please prepare a resume and a portfolio with 2-3 samples of past creative projects in social media or a related field. In your resume, please include 2-3 (non-student) work references, which include your past job title(s) and your supervisor(s)’s name and contact information.
Include a brief letter indicating why you are qualified and what interests you most about this role.
Please send packet to Heidi Church, firstname.lastname@example.org
Background check required.