Calnet (basic campus ID and directory system)
- Who should have access: Any campus staff needing access to online systems or services. Calnet identification serves as the basis for access to many systems. It also allows individuals to maintain their directory information. Information.
- Access: Each department has one or more “deputies” who can enter the code necessary to set up Calnet identity online.
bConnected (bCal, bMail and bDrive)
- bConnected is Berkeley's implementation of Google Apps for education, including Mail, Calendar, and Docs/Drive. Information.
- Cal Answers is an analytical tool allowing UC Berkeley to view centralized, integrated information from various campus systems. Information.
HR & Payroll System
HCM (Human Capital Management)
- Online personnel system. Who should have access: staff responsible for hiring new employees or maintaining employee personnel records.
HR BAIRS (HR reporting system)
- Who should have access: managers and staff monitoring or coordinating personnel functions. General information can be found on the HR website.
- Information about the types of roles that are available: If you are not sure which roles to which you or your staff need access, please contact your L&S divisional coordinator:
- Biological Sciences: Hanna Knight
- Physical Sciences: Vinaya Gokarn
- Arts & Humanities: Rochelle Ford
- Social Sciences: Jessica Knowlton
- Undergraduate Division: Jean Delaney
- Access Request: Once the online role application is completed, it should be routed to your divisional coordinator for review and approval.
- Who should have access: all staff with primary responsibility for assisting with academic personnel coordination for the Deans' Office and the departments. Information.
OPTRS (payroll system)
- Who should have access: staff entering payroll transactions for the department, including monthly pay, payroll adjustments and transfers, and leave usage. Information.
- Access Request
Note: In order to receive access to the Payroll and Personnel System (PPS), a training must be scheduled with Central Payroll. For the next available training, please e-mail: email@example.com. Please bring the following training materials to your scheduled training:
Additional training materials for informational purposes may be found on the OPTRS Reference Materials page.
- Who should have authorization: managers or other staff who approve travel, entertainment, or payroll forms for the department. Information.
BFS (Berkeley Financial System)
- Who should have access: staff who carry out or review purchasing, reimbursement, expense transfers, recharge functions. Information.
BAIRS (financial reporting system)
- Who should have access: managers and staff responsible for budget, expense monitoring, or providing financial information to principal investigators. Information.
- Questions about required approvals: BFS Security Desk.
Travel & Entertainment
- Who should have access: staff who process or review requests for travel or entertainment reimbursement. Information.
Note: an access request will not be finalized until user has completed “Travel and Entertainment On Line Systems” training (sign up on UC Learning in Blu.
CDS (Campus Deposit System)
- Who should have access: staff who make or monitor deposits of checks, cash, etc. for the department. Information.
Supply Chain Management (direct purchasing from vendors through UC purchasing agreements)
- Who should have access: staff making purchases from Office Max through UC strategic purchasing arrangement. Information.
Blu-Card (university credit card for departmental purchases)
- Who should have card: staff who have procurement responsibility as a primary role in their department. Information.
CADS (Campuswide Alumni/Development System)
- Who should have access: staff involved in fundraising or who track or monitor gifts to the unit. Information.
- Who should have authorization: staff who hold petty cash funds for small purchases.
- Policy information
- Contact: Debra Ringhand, 642-3659.
Phoebe (sponsored projects database)
- Who should have access: the individual in the unit who prepares funding proposals and tracks extramural support. Information.
- Contact: Neil Maxwell, 642-0123.
DB2 (student database, including class schedules, transcripts and training)
- Who should have access: staff whose jobs involve advising or monitoring student academic progress, status, etc. Information:
- Contact: Susan Tonus.
BearFacts (web-based database with information from DB2, providing student lists, etc.)
- Who should have access: staff who deal with students or student-related issues.
- Information: Bearfacts website.
DARS (degree audit reporting system)
- Who should have access: staff responsible for tracking student (mainly undergraduate) progress toward degrees, reviewing major requirements, etc.
- Information: DARSweb Information Page.
- Contact: Dorothy Jones, 643-5242.
CARS (Campus Accounts Receivables System)
- Who should have access: staff assisting students (primarily grad students) in resolving questions about fee or tuition payments. Information.
- Classroom Central Hotline: Contact
- Who should have access: staff coordinating the scheduling and room assignment for department courses
- Classroom Reservations
GradApp (graduate application database)
- Who should have access: staff coordinating the graduate application process.
- Information: Grad Division
- Contact: Beatriz Galvez, 643-7462.
GradLink (graduate student database)
- Who should have access: staff assisting graduate students and coordinating department graduate program.
- Information & access (Grad Division).
DSAS (Department Student Award System)
- Who should have access: staff submitting requests for payment of stipends, fee-offsets, or other direct student payments.
- Information and access
BETS (Berkeley Equipment Tracking System)
- Who should have access: staff responsible for tracking equipment and maintaining inventory records. Information.
IST/ Telecom Shopping Cart (telephone equipment and services ordering)
- Who should have access: staff responsible for placing orders for telephone service, telephone equipment, network services or for reviewing billing. Website.
- Access: Department staff can be granted access by departmental access rights administrator. If the department has no rights administrator, contact the Telecom Customer Care Unit here, or call 664-9000 (Options 1, 3, 1).
Facilities Services (Physical Plant – Campus Services online system)
- There is not an online system for Facilities Services currently. All requests are submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (for urgent requests, 642-1032)