Changing Majors

While it is possible under certain circumstances to change majors, it is always important to consider such a move carefully, keeping in mind that undertaking a new major program late in your college career will usually involve considerable additional time and effort.

Guidelines for Changing Majors

  • If you want to change from one single major to a different major in L&S, complete a Major Declaration petition to have the new major posted and the old one removed.
  • If you have completed 90 units or more, a Program Planning Form signed by the undergraduate major adviser (UMA) in the new major is also required.
  • If you have completed 90 units or more, both the Program Planning Form and the Major Declaration petition must be reviewed during a 30 minute pre-scheduled appointment with a College Adviser at 206 Evans Hall.
  • You may not change your major if it will extend your enrollment beyond the unit ceiling.
  • You may not change your major during your last semester before graduation.