Welcome to the College of Letters & Science!
The Office of Undergraduate Advising can help you make sure all degree requirements are complete, your academic plan is balanced and manageable, and you explore enrichment opportunities. To help with your transition to Berkeley, it is important that you follow this checklist.
1. Review the Planning section of our site. This describes what it takes to graduate and how to plan your studies to make the most of your experience at Berkeley.
2. Beginning May 30 (freshmen) or June 13 (transfer students), 2018, check CalCentral for access to Golden Bear Advising online.
- Freshmen: look for an email from your L&S College Adviser with further information about academic advising over the Summer. Be sure to complete your L&S Final Assignment for Golden Bear Advising by June 24.
- Transfer Students: look for an email from your Undergraduate Major Adviser (UMA) with further information about academic advising.
3. Registration for new transfers begins on July 16. New freshmen begin registration on July 18.
4. Plan to attend Golden Bear Orientation beginning August 15.