Enrichment - L&S Undergraduate Advising

Academic enrichment opportunities serve students at every stage of their undergraduate careers. Below is a sample of enrichment opportunities used by L&S students.

Big Ideas@Berkeley

Berkeley Connect

Cal in the Capital

Cal in Sacramento Fellowship

Cross Registration Agreements

Education Abroad Program (EAP)
Participants in the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) need to make careful plans for future enrollments prior departure to ensure that their time away from Berkeley will not interfere with the senior residence requirement or delay progress toward the degree.

Guidelines for Students in L&S
In addition to the general guidelines for eligibility for EAP described in the EAP website, students in Letters and Science who plan to study abroad through EAP, either in the full year or the semester program, are required to follow the guidelines below.

With 55 units or fewer completed

  • Participants must have completed at least 30 units of college coursework (not counting units earned through Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or other high school enrichment programs).
  • Participants must either have declared a major or demonstrate the ability to declare a major by the beginning of the junior year, or within one semester after returning from EAP.
  • Completion of the Reading and Composition requirement is required.

With more than 55 units completed

  • Participants must have declared a major at least two weeks prior to the program start date.
  • Completion of the Reading and Composition requirement is required.

All L&S students who wish to participate in EAP must have completed at least one semester at Berkeley.
If you are a transfer student, if you plan to apply for a double major, or if you will have completed 90 or more units after EAP, we suggest you schedule an advising appointment.

Independent Study Abroad
Study abroad course work from non-EAP programs is subject to the same rules and procedures as any transfer work.

Intercampus Visitor Program
ICV allows undergraduates enrolled at one UC campus to apply to another as an intercampus visitor for one term. Permission to participate in this program is granted on a very limited basis and only for valid academic reasons. Apply at the Office of the Registrar, or visit 120 Sproul Hall.

UC Berkeley Washington Program (UCDC)

Scholarship Connection

Office of Undergraduate Research

Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program (URAP)

Volunteer for Credit- UCB Public Service Center

UCB L&S Enrichment Opportunities