To resume your studies in the College of Letters & Science (L&S) after withdrawing or after being absent for one or more semesters, you must submit an Application for Readmission. The College does not allow students to earn a second Bachelor's degree.
Note: The readmission deadline for Fall 2018 is June 1, 2018. Students can mail their applications if they’re out of the area, and we will accept the June 1 postmark on the envelope.
Note: For students who have been dismissed by the College, there are seperate readmission processes. Review
Guidelines for Applying for Readmission After An Absence
- I have checked my record and cleared all registration blocks, i.e., financial, medical, library, student conduct, academic.
- If I attended other institutions during my absence, I have sent an official transcript from each college to the Office of the Registrar. If I plan to return after a dismissal, I have reviewed the Deans' Conference Checklist for information on submitting an official transcript.
- I have met with an L&S College Adviser if:
-I left Berkeley on academic probation.
-I have withdrawn from a fall or spring semester at the University three or more times.
-I have 12 or more units of outstanding incomplete grades on my transcript.
-I have been dismissed from the University.
-I have not attended UC Berkeley within the last 5 years.
Please Note: If you intend to receive financial aid, please consult with the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office before proceeding with the readmission process.
- Fall Semester: June 1st
i.e. June 1st 2018 for Fall 2018 readmission
- Spring Semester: November 1st
i.e. November 1st 2018 for Spring 2019 readmission
- Applications will not be accepted after the above deadlines. We advise you to submit the application packet in February for Fall readmission or September for Spring readmission. Applications are processed no earlier than the beginning of the semester prior to the semester for which you plan to readmit.
- Students will be notified of their application status via email 5-10 business days after applications are received by L&S Undergraduate Advising. If you believe you should have already received this notification but have not yet gotten an email, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Advising.
- The Undergraduate Application for Readmission, http://registrar.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/readmission_form.pdf
- The Statement of Legal Residence, http://registrar.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/SLRReadmit.pdf.
- $70 check made out to the UC Regents (the non-refundable, non-transferable processing fee for this application).
Applications are accepted in hard copy only, not by fax or email. Submit in person at 206 Evans Hall or mail the application to :
College of Letters & Science
Office of Undergraduate Advising
206 Evans Hall #2924
Berkeley, CA 94720-2924