The mission of the College of Letters & Science Office of Undergraduate Advising is to:
- Encourage intellectual curiosity, and stimulate academic and career exploration,
- Promote the benefits and value of a liberal arts education,
- Foster student development and success, and
- Promote timely progress towards graduation.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students understand College degree requirements in the context of a liberal arts education.
- Students create personalized academic plans based on their assessment of abilities, interests, goals, and enrichment opportunities.
- Students explore and self-assess to identify a major and course of study.
- Students are aware of and utilize campus resources, and engage with faculty and advisers.
- Students explore and pursue enrichment opportunities.
- Students identify and utilize personal strengths to navigate challenges.
- Students learn that setbacks provide the potential for both academic and personal growth.
- Students reflect on their interests and experiences in preparation for creating a post-graduation plan.
- Students assume responsibility for abiding by policies and procedures.