In This Section
L&S Leadership Fund
Furthering innovation and excellence
The College of Letters & Science Leadership Fund provides essential discretionary financial support, giving the deans the flexibility to respond to the College’s greatest needs and to act quickly when opportunities arise.
Gifts made to the Leadership Fund help mobilize such groundbreaking initiatives as the L&S Discovery Courses, undergraduate courses taught by some of the most distinguished faculty on campus and designed to engage the mind and ignite a love of learning; and On the Same Page, a new signature L&S program designed to enrich the intellectual horizons and form collegial bonds among incoming freshmen.
Make a gift to the Leadership Fund today.
Investing in the future
To help students derive the greatest value from Berkeley’s rich offerings, the University and L&S are committed to enhancing the core undergraduate curriculum. Berkeley’s vision for undergraduate education reflects its public mission and belief that all academically qualified students should have access to a college education. Your investment in the undergraduate experience supports Berkeley’s public mission to serve the broadest range of talented students and sustain the campus’s cultural diversity.
Your Gift of ...
- $1,000: Will support undergraduate students by contributing to an existing unrestricted fund.
- $50,000: Will endow a named scholarship that will offer partial financial support for the education of several undergraduate students.
- $250,000: Will endow a named scholarship that will offer full financial support for the education of one undergraduate student.
To learn more about supporting undergraduate education, call 510.643.1964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support of Faculty and Graduate Students
Nourishing Berkeley’s Soul
As the best public university in the world, UC Berkeley is founded upon an unwavering dedication to innovation and excellence in research and a commitment to teaching and advancing knowledge at the highest level of scholarship. Such a commitment begins with dynamic partnerships between the campus’s faculty and graduate students. The College hires some of the best faculty in the world. Yet Berkeley must compete intensely with private institutions for top-tier faculty, and private support is key to hiring and retaining our stellar faculty.
Your Gift of ...
- $1,000: Will support faculty or graduate students by contributing to an existing unrestricted fund.
- $50,000; Will endow a named fund to support outstanding faculty or graduate students.
- $500,000: Will endow a named fellowship, which will offer full financial support for the education and research of one graduate student.
- $1 million: Will endow a named faculty professorship for a promising faculty member.
- $2 million: Endow a named faculty chair for a distinguished faculty member.
To learn more about supporting faculty or graduate students, call 510.643.1964 or email email@example.com.