On This Page
In This Section
Useful tools for administrators
- Exceptions to Policy. This is a list of transactions in the College that require the approval of the Deans' Office, such as entertainment, memberships, non-cash awards, honoraria, travel, and chair reimbursement.
- Obtaining Access and Authorization to Campus Systems and Functions. This section includes information for obtaining access to various campus-wide resources, such as CalNet and CalAgenda, HR & payroll systems, finance and administrative systems (including travel and Blu-card), a variety of student databases, and facilities and equipment systems.
- The College of Letters & Science Short Term Investment Pool (STIP) Redistribution Procedures describe College's response to the February 2004 revision in campus STIP policy.
- The Letters & Science Deans can contribute to expenses related to the recruitment of permanent faculty. The Funding of Faculty Recruitment Expense for Departments in the College of Letters & Science document explains how to utilize these resources.
- Because the Berkeley Financial System does not require a second individual to review transactions before they are effected, departments are required to develop and follow a process of reviewing budget journals after they are submitted. The Deans' Office has provided Highlights of the Post Audit Review Requirements for Budget Journals in BFS.
- The College of Letters & Science Reappropriation Policy defines the balances in the general operating budget that a department can retain in the following fiscal year.
Purchase Request Form: This is a dynamic PDF form with interactive fields that you may use as a tool to gather documentation for purchases of durable goods.
Internal Audit Learn about audit planning and process, types of audits, controls evaluation as well as other helpful resources for department management.
Business & Financial Services See information on policies and procedures, fiscal closing, financial reports, training and recharges as well as links to the Cashier's Office, Extramural Funds, Payroll, General Accounting, Loans and Receivables, Risk Management, Disbursements and the Travel Office.
Sponsored Projects Office Includes information on sponsored project management, publications, policy analysis, data management and funding opportunities for projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, corporations, and other public and private sources.
Office of the Vice Chancellor, Budget and Finance Provides information and analyses on academic programs, the Academic Planning Board, Cal Profiles, institutional data, indirect costs, and space management and capital programs.
Berkeley Administrative Initiatives Links to the Berkeley Financial System (B. F. S.) and the Human Resources Management System (H. R. M. S.). News and announcements, information on specific process changes, calendar of critical implementation dates, performance benchmarks, training and resources for assistance with the conversion processes.
U. C. Accounting Manual For those accounting transactions, procedures, and reports that should be uniform throughout the University.
U. C. Business and Finance Bulletins Bulletins from the Office of the President, from art insurance to water pollution.