Updated: March 2010
To request an appointment, reappointment or change of appointment for a pre-six lecturer, please fill out the appropriate Lecturer Appointment Form on this page. (All forms are in Word document format). Each form indicates the documentation you will need. The form can replace or must accompany a request letter from the chair.
Related guidelines and forms:
- Guidelines for converting course workload to appointment percentages
- Teaching assessment information and an assessment tool (Teaching assessment is required at certain times.)
- Definitions of lecturer terms
- Lecturer title career progression
- Important dates
Please print and submit completed forms along with the required documents to:
L&S Deans' Office
101 Durant Hall #2920
The L&S Dean’s office will mail the appointment letter to the lecturer (or initial appointments, with a copy of the current MOU). The department chair and academic personnel coordinator will receive a copy of the appointment letter. Additional copies of the current MOU (ratified on Oct. 4, 2007) may be ordered through Office Max (use SKU #G2-410817).
Additional resources for lecturer appointments
- Academic Personnel Office, UNIT 18 tools — Lecturer and Senior Lecturer
- UC Office of the President, Unit 18 MOU contract text
- Additional copies of the most current MOU (ratified Oct 2007) may be ordered through OfficeMax (SKU # G2410817).
- Academic Personnel Office checksheets: For L&S pre-six appointments please use L&S forms for initial appointment, reappointment or changes to existing appointments. Use the APO checksheet for excellence review [C-4] and merit increase for continuing lecturer [C-6])
- Academic Salary Scales (Table 18-1 and 18-2 for lecturers)
- Instructional Workload: Berkeley Campus Workload Standards for Unit 18