The Advising Help Desk provides answers to dozens of key issues for advisors in areas such as undergraduate advising, requirements, enrollment, grades, academic standing, confidentiality, student conduct, and advisor training.
National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
The organization offers a wider range of services and resources, including job posting services, events, publications, an email list, and much more.
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience & Students in Transition
Listserves and Campus Organizations
- UC Berkeley's AdvisorNet, a group for anyone who work in student affairs on campus. It meets once and month and also has a listserv. Contact Kati Markowitz or Kim Guilfoyle.
- NACADA Pacific Region 9 Facebook.
- NACADA Pacific Region 9 blog.
- NACADA Pacific Region 9 listserv. To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “subscribe email@example.com” and your e-mail address in the body of the message.
- Studentaffairs.com online guide contains information on jobs, conferences, websites, listserves, book reviews, and more.
- The Student Affairs Online is devoted to emerging issues in student affairs and technology.
- UC system-wide advising e-mail network. To subscribe, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional development resources
- The Berkeley Staff Assembly website
- The Office of Human Resources provides a wide variety of courses for Employee Development and Training.
- eLearn, on the blu.berkeley.edu portal, is an on-line resource available to faculty and staff interested in skill enhancement in the workplace which lists on-campus training programs in a variety of disciplines.
- UC Berkeley's AdvisorNet is a network of UCB campus advisors that meets once a month for support and professional and career development. The group meets in person once and month and also has a listserv. For more information or to subscribe to the network listserve, contact Kati Markowitz or Kim Guilfoyle.
- "The Mentor: An Academic Advising Journal" is a free electronic publication on the web. Click on the "Forum" button for on-line discussions of advising topics.
- NACADA Pacific Region 9 listserv (to subscribe, send a message to email@example.com with subscribe firstname.lastname@example.org [your e-mail address] in the body of the message)
- NACADA' sponsors a number of special interest mailing lists.
- Studentaffairs.com is an online guide for student affairs professionals. The site contains information on jobs, conferences, websites, listservs, book reviews, etc.
- The StudentAffairs.com e-journal "Student Affairs Online" is a publication devoted to emerging issues in student affairs and technology.
- UC system-wide advising e-mail network (to subscribe, send a message to email@example.com).