In This Section
The Berkeley Edge assists current students with financial support and opportunities for networking and professional development. The Berkeley Edge Provides information regarding campus resources and offers students advising and advocacy services.
Edge Program year-round events
- Peer Mentorship Program
- Luncheon Seminar Series
- Academic Edge Retreat ... info coming soon
- Summer Fellows Program
The Berkeley Edge provides funding for Berkeley minority student organizations such as:
- Black Graduate Engineering and Science Students (BGESS)
- Latina/o Association for Graduate Students in Engineering and Science (LAGSES)
- American Indian Graduate Student Association (AIGSA)
The Berkeley Edge is commited to engaging students in the national community of scientists of color and supporting student travel to national meetings, to organizations such as:
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP)
- National Organization of Black Chemist and Chemical Engineers (NOBCCHE)
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students
We send current Berkeley students and faculty to HBCUs, HSIs, and other partner colleges and universities to forge relationships with faculty and staff in addition to networking with prospective students.
Campus resources that might be of interest include:
- Berkeley's Graduate Diversity Program services for traditionally underrepresented students in all fields of graduate study.
- Center for Underrepresented Engineering Students (CUES)